We are always looking for good people with the right experience and background. If that sounds like the right fit for you, please let us know so you can join our team!
The ideal candidate will be well organized and comfortable dealing with financial data. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the accounts payable and receivable, processing payroll and conducting other tasks related to finance. They should be excellent at recording data and have the ability to produce clear financial reports.
Management of a client from the inception and onboarding process to all aspects of financial management of the client. The bookkeeper will guarantee accuracy and best practices including preparation of accounts and files to be submitted to audit or preparation of end-of-year financial reports. This includes verifying with clerical staff that perform certain duties and functions.
- Preparation of monthly Bookkeeper reports.
- Maintains all financial reporting for all fund accounts including General Operating Funds, Capital Projects Funds and Debt Service Funds. Reconcile accounts as required.
- Documents financial transactions for A/R and A/P by entering account information.
- Summarizes current financial status from bank and money market statements, completing reports for each client and insuring adequate funding of checking accounts.
- Substantiates financial transactions by proof reading documents.
- Maintains bond schedules as required and records bond payments and fiscal agent fees.
- Maintains investment report records as required and maintains compliance with the requirements of the public funds investment act as it applies to duties performed.
- Maintains accounting controls by helping prepare and recommend policies and procedures and strictly adhering to those controls.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account data.
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation and preparing disbursements.
- Annual budget preparation and if required, preparation of amended budgets.
- Complies with TCEQ and other regulatory financial requirements for fund accounting and reviews and stays current on new rules, regulations and practices.
- Preparing special financial reports as required by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by collaborating on preparation of Artesian process and procedures and shares information and best practices with other staff.
- QuickBooks, Excel and Microsoft experience required.
Associate degree or better in accounting or related field
3+ years of experience in related field
Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and QuickBooks
Strong organizational and analytical skills Detail oriented
How many years of work experience do you have with QuickBooks?
Ideal answer: 2+
How many years of Bookkeeping/Clerical Accounting experience do you currently have?
Ideal answer: 3+
Bookkeeping experience with at least one type of Texas Special District:
MUD – Municipal Utility Districts LID – Levee Improvement District ESD – Emergency Services District …
Ideal answer: Yes
Experience with governmental fund accounting.
Ideal answer: Yes
Located in Sugar Land, TX
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, and experience.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance